Monday 24 August 2009

Bochox Injection



When I saw this brand in the supermarket, it jumped out at me. Packaging the chocolate as if it is a medical prescription is quite a nice little idea. The copy has been written with a good sense of humour:

"Active ingredient cocoa solids 75%"
"Warning - may cause weight gain if used incorrectly "
"If seal is broken, suspect everyone"

There are some similarities between this and the Spiritualized CD packaging I wrote about. I wonder what else you could sell doing a medial packaging pastiche? I find it interesting that this brand is selling this product solely on the idea - without any advertising etc. It reminds me of Elmwood who started competing with the big tea brands just because they had a good idea for a new brand of tea. It just shows how far you can get with a good idea.

2 comments:

  1. I came across this too on my travels. Good concept, done fairly well. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool how certain styles become embedded in our minds as belonging to certain products, this makes a nice change

    ReplyDelete