Wednesday 16 September 2009

Charity Logos

I recently did a run so I spent a long time looking at the back of people's t-shirts. I noticed a bit of a theme with these two charity logos that I saw around on a few people's backs. 


Both these logos manipulate letter forms to communicate something about the diseases the charities raise money for. In the Bowel Cancer UK logo, the letters B and C combine to make a quite a literal shape while the jolt in the letter M of the Multiple Sclerosis Society logo gives a more figurative impression of the disease that affects the nerves ability to send signals.

I like seeing design work that's done for charities - it's often really good stuff. I always think the Amnesty International campaigns a well done. I think design firms feel they have to work that bit harder when working for a charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment