Sunday 4 January 2009

Some logo designs

I saw an article on vectortuts.com called "20 Wierd Logos That Work (and Why They Do)" posted in Jan 2009. The guy who posed it is a freelance designer from Sheffield called Chris Spooner. While his descriptions of the logos were pretty limited, he picked some nice ones.

 
The London Symphony Orchestra logo. You can see a conductor holding a baton here.


... or "umop episdn" rotated by 180 degrees.

There's an 'S' and an '8' in this logotype.


This clever typo arrangement reminds me of some of Herb Lubalin's work from the 70s.

This logo shows why it's hard for me to write any more than a sentence for each image: a good logo doesn't need explaining.

I've just picked five of my favourites from the list but I think these are quite inspiring logo designs. Wouldn't it be great if your job was to design a new logo each day...

No comments:

Post a Comment